Keep your mat fresh and vibrant! Maintaining good hygiene as a yogi is easy now because the FLXBL is washable both by hand and by washing machine. Just make sure you handle it with care by following our instructions below.
Wash by washing machine:
We advise you to machine-wash the FLXBL once in 3 to 4 yoga sessions. This can be more often if you're using it outside a lot or sweat on it during intensive styles. It can be less often if you're mainly using it for restorative styles and it doesn't get that dirty. Make sure you:
- Wash separately from other laundry
- Wash at 30° Celsius (86° Fahrenheit) or lower
- Turn off the spin cycle and any other dryer option
- Only use one drop of (natural) soap or no soap at all
Wash by hand:
The mat can be washed by hand as often as you want as it is gentler than machine-wash. Keep in mind that you:
- Just use water or a yoga mat cleaner
- Only use soft pressure while scrubbing the mat.
The FLXBL will be quite wet when comes out of the washing machine. Don’t worry, the microfiber dries quickly. Be aware that you:
- Don’t use a spin cycle or dry cleaner
- Don’t dry it on a heater or radiator
- Let the mat air-dry in the shower, bathtub or somewhere else with a large towel underneath
- If you let it dry outside, make sure there is no direct sunlight on the mat for long periods
Don't expose the mat to direct sunlight for too long. We encourage you to practice on your FLXBL outside on a hot day as much as possible! Just don't leave it lying around in the sun for the rest of the day as this might also cause the rubber to start curling at the edges.
If you have a question regarding wash and care, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Instagram @flxblyoga.